Academics MENU

WVSU GIBILL Certifications for Benefits 

Introduction to using your GI BILL Benefits at Wv State University 

All prospective students must apply and be accepted to the university to register for courses. 
Any student choosing to use GIBILL Benefits at WVSU must first be approved and authorized by the Department of Veteran Affairs for benefits at State. 
  • If you are using a GIBILL for the first time you will first need to apply at VA.GOV 
    • (VA Tip: If you have a copy of your DD-214, you can submit a copy with your initial application, for quicker VA Processing)
  • If you have used benefits at another institution prior to transferring to WVSU, you will need to change your authorized institution by visiting VA.GOV

Once you have applied, you will need to submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) sent to you by the VA, to confirm authorization and details of benefits. 
Certificate of Eligibility is required and must be submitted to the SCO as proof of benefit. 
  • If you need assistance, contact the School Certifying Official for questions.

  *The School Certifying Official nor WV State University have any impact on the decision of eligibility by the VA for any benefit or lack thereof.
** VA Benefits, payments, and or debts are solely maintained and authorized by the United States of Veteran Affairs
***If you need to speak with the VA Education Branch concerning your GIBILL, you can call 1-888-GIBILL or click our Resources box below for more V.A. links 
Scroll to Top