We are excited about your interest in WVSU. Our dedicated staff is eager to assist you with the admission process.
There are several types of applications for admission based on your academic history. Please select the application that applies to you!
- First Time Freshman- Starting college for the first time. (Excluding International Students)
- Transfer Students- Transferring to West Virginia State from another college after graduating high school or receiving your GED. (Excluding International Students)
**If you have received a 4 year degree and are returning to receive an additional bachelors degree, you would also apply as a transfer student. (Note: If you have received a bachelors degree and are returning to school, you must be a degree seeking student to receive financial aid.)**
- Undergraduate International Students - Residents of another country that require a student visa. First Time Freshman and Transfers fill out this application.
- Post Graduate - Students who received a 4 year degree at another insitution and are returning to take coursework (not seeking an additional degree). Fill out the general application.
- Transient - Students at a different institution and would like to take classes as a visiting student. Fill out the general application.
- Auditing- Students who are taking a class for no credit. Fill out the general application.
**Attention Spring 2017 Applicants: March 13, 2017 is the last day to apply for our FULLY ONLINE
Degree Programs. No applications for Spring 2017 will be accepted for our ground campus. Please apply for Summer 2017 or Fall 2017 if you are not planning to pursue a fully online degree.
Director of Admissions
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Still have questions? If you can't find the answers to the questions you need here, please contact us at 304-766-3000.
If you have specific questions for admissions:
Office of Admissions
West Virginia State University
124 Ferrell Hall
PO Box 1000
Institute, WV 25112-1000
Phone: (304) 204-4345